Tuesday, June 26, 2007

wanderlust

I really think this is a bad idea.


We've been here in Granado Espada for more than a month, and all we do is run errands for some people, challenge hooligans and engage in battles on a daily basis. This whole edict made by the Queen is pure nonsense! We Vespanolan noble bloods shouldn't be dallying with the commoners of this New World! Why, I cannot believe our parents shipped us to this godforsaken place without our servants to attend to us!


But of course, I cannot tell Alaena and Cyradis how I truly feel, or else they will think of me as the family blacksheep. I know that it is our duty to submit to the Crown's wishes, but there are tons of other families who would go head on into this insane mission.


Sigh. I know my complaints will fall on deaf ears. After all, the Queen IS the law in Vespanola...and my parents will
probably disown me if I had it my way.

But it's just so DIRTY here! It's ruining my perfectly manicured nails! I know Alaena is having the time of her life in this pointless mission, and we all know how much of a fan Alaena is when it comes to fights and all that other despicable barbaric acts. Cyradis is far more interested in collecting the loot we get from battles and documenting it in her journal, but other than that, nobody's sharing the same distaste with regards to this quest.


Nevertheless, these constant skirmishes has enhanced my elemental powers to some extent, though I remain to be the most vulnerable member in our team. Countless times we've been vanquished by horrible monsters in Tetra Ruins, more so with the occasional appearance of the Phobitan Chieftain. That giant cockroach follows us wherever we go, even if we try to get out of its way. I personally would want to roast it alive, but everytime I cast my spells, I am at my most vulberable moment and that's the time the fiend attacks.


Thankfully, we were able to join forces with other families as we sometimes go out on squads while going after mobs. The extra help truly contributed to our efforts to accomplish some quests. At times, Alaena chooses to let me stay in the Barracks to recuperate while they include the new recruits to the family: Armea (Emilia Guliano), CeNedra (Lisa Lynway), Sylar (Diego the Carpenter) and Hitano (Soho).


Personally, I have no complaints about this arrangement. These new recruits actually share Alaena's lust for blood, and they're more than welcome to slay more monsters for all I care. Although I find it odd why Cyradis had to give new names to these people when they joined our group.


So far, we've been improving at an even pace. Alaena is now wielding this

huge sword strapped to her back, and you wouldn't believe how much she struts around with that big glowing sword looking like a barbaric cave woman. Sometimes I have to think twice if my elder sister really is a noble woman or some
tomboyish commoner with foul manners. Augh!


However, growing in strength did not necessarily mean that we can actually take on more powerful monsters. In the Tetra Golden Road, for instance, we've been wiped out by the Treasure Golem. Apparently, we were no match against the sheer number of mobs and the powerful attacks of this hulking fiend. I believe Alaena was so depressed that didn't allow us to come back to that accursed place without having the proper ammunition to tackle this giant.


Monsters and battles aside, there is one thing that I actually like in this New
World, and that would be the spectacular architecture. My sisters and I went outside the gates of Coimbra once, and I was just stupefied by the gorgeous edifice and the amazing flora surrounding it. Give a few years and Granado Espada will probably come close to the glory of our country, Vespanola.


Oh, I've just received word that our cousins Armeo, Kahlil, Raquim, CeVanne, Azulan and Althalus have also joined the Reconquista Party to venture in Granado Espada upon orders of the Queen. Although, I believe we cannot come face to face with each other until this mission is over. This was expressly emphasized when we joined this quest.


Although, I wonder...will this perilous journey ever come to an end?


===


Finally, Verdandi's entry comes to the fore. It took me quite a while to sort through the screencaps and edit them in Photoshop. I didn't know I took so much pictures in-game that it's taking a lot of space in my hard drive. I must clean that soon.


Anyway, I've been recently invited to the CARNAGE Faction by its leader (and Team PH representative to Zouk), Overseer. My first introduction to the faction happened just this Friday and I have to say that CARNAGE peepz are rather talkative in the chat system. XD I did enjoy that session of just talking to them and I did like their wacky, albeit weird sense of humor. The people are quite nice as well, even though I don't actually fit the requirement of level 60 & up.


I'm still having second thoughts about this, coz it's kinda awkward being in a faction that has a level requirement that I don't actually have.


Nevertheless, I still like this rambunctious group. I've been a recipient of their excess stuff as well. Overseer gave me some level 40 weapons for Alaena, plus Vis to boot! O_O Golly, I've never had that much money in-game ever since my CBT days! I have to conserve the dough so I'd be able to buy high level costumes once I hit the 40 mark (and that kick-ass Heaven and Hell stance W00t!). So if Kuya Overseer's reading this, much thanks from the DeSanggria girls! ^0^


And that exchange session actually called for an impromptu picture taking!

















No comments: