Friday, November 20, 2009

The long overdue update

I am procrastinating yet again to update this blog about this crazy project that I signed up for. And judging by the date today, man, I've been so lazy in updating this blog. I've been caught up with work and with the everyday task of coughing up 2,000 words for this novel. Let me just tell you about my roller coaster journey so far.

ONE. I will have to revise the novel title & synopsis because frankly speaking, the 13 chapters I've written so far doesn't even come close to the synopsis I came up with. Heck, the 3 main characters (MCs) haven't even immigrated to GE just yet! *headdesk*

TWO. Despite the above-mentioned reason to run around like a headless chicken, I am quite actually pleased on how the background story's turning out. Most of the scenes I've imagined and committed to each chapter were actually included in the game's backstory. YAY! My weird imagination is actually being useful for a change.

THREE. There might be a possibility that this 50k word fanfic novel will just tackle the story of the Old World, meaning just Orpesia (Vespanola, Oporuto, Brestia, Targa and Illier). Oh, and there's also smatterings on the beginnings of Granado Espada thrown in for good measure. The origins of my 3 MCs are also included here, but since I am not Jesus and I can't work miracles, I don't think I have enough firepower to flesh out the GE story we all know in-game.

FOUR. Concurrent to that thought, God willing if I still have that burning passion to write about the game, then probably NaNoWriMo 2010 will be the sequel to this year's novel. By that time, hopefully, I'd have done proper research on the quests, starting from the Pioneering storyline down to the Masquerade arc. This one takes major research, and I will have the time to do so if I shelve this part of the story for next year.

FIVE. I am at woe. It's the 2nd to the last week of November and my scenes are crawling like shat. However, I am planning an exciting scene which will hopefully end the novel at more than 50k words---and that's the time the 3 MCs will be shipped to the New World. Hopefully I have enough scenes to get to that part.

Just for the record, here's my word count breakdown for the past few weeks:

Day 1: 5016
Day 2: 7449
Day 3: 9812
Day 4: 11980
Day 5: 14109
Day 6: 16252
Day 7: 18438
Day 8: 20561
Day 9: 22264
Day 10: 23329
Day 11: 25016
Day 12: 27154
Day 13: 28824
Day 14: 30929
Day 15: 33098
Day 16: 35144
Day 17: 37186
Day 18: 39281
Day 19: 41471
Day 20: 43652

I did mention that I am running into a bit of scene stump, right? Well, I got past that when I introduced the cameo appearance of the Falkenhausen Family in the story. I am LOLing the whole time these guys talk...have you ever heard people speak of themselves like there's nothing between their ears but thin air? That's the stuff I'm talking about. LOL mode!


“Oh, do you really think so, Lehre? I had to memorize the spell you taught me for an entire week and it was very difficult at first, but then I said to myself that if ever I am going to be a good enough Elementalist, I have to be like my brother Lehre, and Lehre is really great and all, but I have to be great as well. But then, I lost the piece of parchment you gave me where you wrote the spell, and I did not want to ask you for another copy because I know you can be quite grouchy when I ask you to repeat what you have taught me, so I tried my very best to recall the chant you told me to memorize, and I did! I did remember! It was very nice, kind of like this furry Shapka hat that is so fluffy that I love hugging it when I am not wearing it over my head.” --- Alia Falkenhausen, Chapter 13


See what I mean? LOOOOOOL! I love these guys for rescuing me from a perpetual state of boredom!

No comments: